HOW TO APPLY
Applications for audition for entry in 2022 are closed.
International students, please visit the International Student page.
Audition Application Process
1. Watch the video Tips on preparing a VCASS audition video
All applicants watch: Tips on preparing a VCASS audition video
Are you a Dance applicant? Watch: Dance Audition Classwork
2. Assemble all required PDF documents
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Small photo (can be a jpeg)
- Current VISA documents (if applicable)
- Copy of Semester TWO report from previous year
- Student Statement - Why would you like to attend VCASS
3. Record one unedited video
- See the requirements outlined in PDF’s at the bottom of this page for your chosen stream.
- Your audition video should be submitted as one continuous video.
- If you are applying for Dance please make sure you follow the appropriate demonstration video provided for your year level.
- This video must include:
- A spoken introduction stating your name, current year level, stream you are applying for and a brief summary telling us about yourself
- Specific illustrations/demonstrations of your skills in line with the audition requirements below.
4. Complete online application
5. Upload your video into application
6. Pay and submit your application
Select entry enrolment at VCASS
We are a select entry Secondary School for the education and training of talented dancers, musicians, theatre and visual art students. Entry into VCASS is by audition only.
We are not a locally zoned school.
We do not offer homestay arrangements.
There is a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 which applies for all applications.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply you must be an Australian citizen or an international student with the appropriate visa.
If you are an international student, please visit the International Student page first.
Places in our dance, music, theatre arts and visual arts are highly sought after and students are selected on the basis not only of existing talent, but also their potential to develop in their field.
We only accept entry into the following years for each program:
Music: Years 7, 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12
Dance: Years 7, 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12
Theatre Arts: Year 11
Visual Arts: Year 11
How do I apply to be a student at VCASS?
1. Apply online
- Please first make sure you are eligible to apply (see content above) to attend VCASS.
- Complete your online video and application.
- You will be required to make a payment.
2. Video Audition
Dance, Music, Theatre Arts and Visual Arts candidates are required to complete an video audition. Further information is available in the content related links below.
3. Offers are made
You will be notified by email of the outcome of your video audition. The number of vacancies within each program dictates the number of offers made.