Applications Are Now Open
Applications for Year 7 Entry close on 23 May 2024
Applications for Years 8-12 Entry close on 18 July 2024
Level 1 accredited schools
Studying in Victoria
Victorian government schools are a destination of choice for international students. Our schools provide international students with a high-quality education, excellent English language tuition and caring welfare support services. To learn more about studying and living in Victoria as an international student, see: www.study.vic.gov.au
How to apply
Most international students must apply to the Department of Education in order to study in a Victorian government school. To learn about the application types and to apply, see: How to apply
Contact our school
For more information about international students, please contact the below staff member.
International Student Coordinator (ISC): Kathy Zhao
Phone: 03 8644 8644
Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School is accredited under the Department of Education’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education, 00861K). For more information, see: www.study.vic.gov.au
Please read Advice for International Students
VCASS has a well-established International Student Program with participating students from across the globe.
All applicants watch: Tips on preparing a VCASS audition video
Are you a Dance applicant? Watch: Dance Audition Classwork
Audition Application Process
1. Watch the video Tips on preparing a VCASS audition video
2. Assemble all required PDF documents
- Small photo (can be a jpeg)
- Copy of Semester TWO report from previous year
- Student Statement - Why would you like to attend VCASS
3. Record one unedited video
- See the requirements outlined in PDFs at the bottom of this page for your chosen stream.
- Your audition video should be submitted as one continuous video.
- Required your final video must be uploaded in MP4 format How to convert your video to MP4 format
- If you are applying for Dance please make sure you follow the appropriate demonstration video provided for your year level.
- This video must include:
- A spoken introduction stating your name, current year level, stream you are applying for and a brief summary telling us about yourself
- Specific illustrations/demonstrations of your skills are in line with the audition requirements below.
4. Complete online application
5. Upload your video into application
6. Pay and submit your application
Select entry enrolment at VCASS
We are a select entry Secondary School for the education and training of talented dancers, musicians, theatre and visual art students. Entry into VCASS is by audition only.
We are not a locally zoned school.
We do not offer homestay arrangements.
There is a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 which applies to all applications.
The school has vacancies for up to 20 international students.
Requirements for international students
- At VCASS international students must be offered a place prior to registering with the Department of Education. Please follow the online application process.
- If you are offered a place, you must be registered as an international student within the Department of Education. Here is the link to this application form: International Student Standard Application Form.
- You must have an appropriate visa. For more information, visit: How to apply for a visa
- We only accept international students who are living in Melbourne with a parent or guardian.
- We do not offer homestay.
- There is a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 which applies to all applications.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply you must be an international student that is able to apply for an appropriate visa, if offered placement at the school.
Places in our dance, music, theatre arts and visual arts are highly sought after and students are selected on the basis not only of existing talent but also their potential to develop in their field.
We only accept entry into the following years for each program:
Music: Years 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12
Dance: Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Theatre Arts: Year 11
Visual Arts: Year 11
How do I apply to be a student at VCASS?
1. Apply online
- Please first make sure you are eligible to apply (see content above) to attend VCASS.
- Complete your online video and application.
- You will be required to make a payment.
2. Video Audition
Dance, Music, Theatre Arts and Visual Arts candidates are required to complete a video audition. Further information will be at the start of the school year in 2024.
3. Offers are made
You will be notified by email of the outcome of your video audition. The number of vacancies within each program dictates the number of offers made.
4. Assessment of international student requirements
Once the audition process is complete, in order to attend VCASS as an international student, you must present proof that you are:
- Registered as an international student within the Department of Education.
- The holder of the appropriate visa.
- Living in Melbourne with a parent or guardian.
If you do not have all of these items finalised before the start of the school year, you will not be able to attend VCASS.
4. On Site Auditions
Please find the following dates for consideration and planning for call back on site auditions at VCASS in 2024.
- Note that these dates are subject to change, so please refer back to this page for any future updates.
Dates Scheduled for 2024 Call Back On Site Auditions
|11/06/24 - 15/06/24
|Years 8 -12
|29/07/24 - 10/08/24