VCASS welcomes international students.
Applications are now open.
VCASS has a well-established International Student Program with participating students from across the globe.
To apply for audition click the following link
Select entry enrolment at VCASS
We are a select entry Secondary School for the education and training of talented dancers, musicians, theatre and visual art students. Entry into VCASS is by audition only. Places in our dance, music, theatre arts and visual arts are highly sought after and students are selected on the basis not only of existing talent, but also their potential to develop in their field. The school has vacancies for up to 20 international students.
Requirements for international students
- You must be registered as an international student within the department of education. Here is the link to this application form: International Student Standard Application Form.
- You must have an appropriate visa. For more information, visit: How to apply for a visa
- We only accept international students who are living in Melbourne with a parent or guardian.
- We do not offer home stay.
- There is a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 which applies for all applications.
We only accept entry into the following years for each program:
Music: Years 7, 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12
Dance: Years 7, 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12
Theatre Arts: Year 11
Visual Arts: Year 11
How do I apply to be a international student at VCASS?
1. Apply online
- Please first make sure you are eligible to apply (see content above) to attend VCASS.
- Complete your online application.
- You will be required to make a payment.
- On receipt of your payment the school will contact you and as part of your application you will be timetabled into an audition.
Dance, Music and Theatre Arts candidates are required to complete an audition. Visual Arts candidates will be interviewed. Audition information (criteria, dates, venues, times, what to prepare and bring etc) is available in the content related links below.
3. Offers are made
You will be notified by email of the outcome of your audition. The school has vacancies for up to 20 international students.
4. Assessment of international student requirements
In order to attend VCASS as an international student, you must present proof that you are:
- Registered as an international student within the department of education.
- The holder of the appropriate visa.
- Living in Melbourne with a parent or guardian.
If you do not have all of these items finalised before the start of the school year, you will not be able to attend VCASS.